as discussed by Mr. Gomez's 1st and 2nd grade class at Capri Elementary School in Encinitas, California
1. Teach a respect and love of nature
2. Promote a sense of wonder
3. Show compassion for all living things
4. Treat all animals as intelligent and sensitive beings
5. Spend time in nature with no particular mission.
6. Teach intelligent use of nature
7. Encourage expression of their findings and discoveries
8. Avoid the "yucky" reaction
9. Allow kids to get hurt as part of their learning
10. Spend time in nature where nature dominates
Now go on out and have a good time.